IOL Milling Tools
Dutch Diamond Technologies developed a range of high quality cylindrical milling tools for cutting intraocular implants and micro structures.
- From Ø0.35mm cutting diameter and larger
- Working Length 2x cutting diameter
- Shank dimension standard Ø3.0mm
- Other dimensions on request
- Tool life 10,000 – 15,000 IOL Lenses
- Dramatic reduction of machine (at least 150 times less) downtime in replacing conventional cutters
- Higher accuracy
- Superior surface finish, less polishing
- Perfectly balanced
- Our IOL diamond milling tools can be used on PMMA and foldable materials, fixed with wax, vacuum or ice. Only use on machines with air bearings and with a spindle which is perfectly balanced.
- Not recommended for drilling. Theoretically it is possible, but because of possible problems with chip-congestion the tool can break. So therefore always ramp down in material at an angle.
Milling at normal temperature. The feed (mm/min) should not exceed the spindle speed (RPM) divided by 1000 (example: RPM 40,000 then feed maximum 40mm/min) Milling in freezing device: The feed (mm/min) should not exceed the spindle speed (RPM) divided by 300 (example: RPM 40,000 then speed maximum 130mm/min).
Questions or need contact?
Contact us now!
Dutch Diamond Technologies BV
Kovel 2, 5431 ST Cuijk, The Netherlands
Copyright © Dutch Diamond Technologies
All rights reserved.
Dutch Diamond Technologies is a member of the Meyco Holding with their headquarters in Switzerland.